Taormina, 5th -7th May 1989
Hotel S. Domenico Palace
FRIDAY 5th MAY
16.30 CONFERENCE OPENING
17.00 DIALOGUE BETWEEN PETER BROOK AND JERZY GROTOWSKI
Etna Meeting Hall
19.30 ROUND TABLE
"Criticism and European cultures"
International Association of Theatre Critics
SATURDAY 6th MAY
9.00 a.m. VISIT TOANCIENT GREEK THEATRE
10.00 a.m. BROOK AND SHAKESPEARE
- Michael Billington: "Brook at the Royal Shakespeare Company"
- Irving Wardle: "Brook and Shakespeare"
- Isabella Imperiali: " Lear’s travel in the film by Brook "
BROOK AND EPIC LITERATURE
- Georges Banu: "La Conference des Oiseaux"
- David Williams: "Mahabharata"
- Margaret Croyden: "Jewish techniques in Mahabharata"
15.30 REFERENCES FOR BROOK’S AESTETHICS
- Ferruccio Marotti: "Brook as theatre artisan"
- John Elsom: "Obstaining for novelties"
- Peter Selem: "The essence of theatrical language"
- Renzo Tian: "Brook as theatre writer and essayist"
- Guy Dumur: "What Peter Brook gave to me"
- Olivier Ortolani: "The audience, the fourth partner"
- Masolino D'Amico: "Brook and contemporary Anglo-Saxon dramaturgy"
- Guido Almansi: "Carmen’s tragedy or the miniature opera"
- Maurizio Grande: "Direction as scenic writing"
18.00 ROUND TABLE
"The European theatre institutions" by Renzo Tian
20.30 AWARD CEREMONY OF “EUROPE THEATRE PRIZE”
SUNDAY 7th MAY
John Arden, Margaretta D'Arcy, Marie-Hélène Estienne,
Jean Kalman, Jean-Guy Lecat, Alain Maratrat,
Bruce Myers, Chloe Obolenski, Yoshi Oida,
Arby Ovanessian, Andrei Serban, Raf Vallone and Glenda Jackson
15.30 Micheline Rozan: "The creation of <<Centre International>> in Paris"
Peter Brook: "From the Path to the Journey"
16.30 MEETING-DEBATE WITH PETER BROOK
18.30 End of Prize events
Coordinator: Georges Banu